The Xcel program has been developed by USA Gymnastics for athletes with outside interests that do not allow them as many hours in the gym as required for Optional JO Gymnastics. Xcel is a multi-level competitive program for girls who are only able practice a maximum three days a week. This program fits very well with athletes who compete in High School gymnastics.
Xcel is about the TEAM while challenging individual athletes to maximize their individual potential. Metropolitan has a very strong progam with award winning teams and gymnasts. In Metropolitan’s first two seasons, the gymnasts have won one State Team Championship and four Second Place Team Championships. They have also won many AA, Vault, Bars, Beam, and Floor State Championships.
- Shirlene Chambers: Xcel Program Director/Gold, Platinum, Diamond Coach
- Donny Galligos: Silver – Platinum Coach
- Jessica Trulson-Meads – Silver Coach
- Cassie Padilla – Silver Coach
- Pam Provo – Bronze Coach
- Brianna Provo – Bronze Coach