Metropolitan has amazing competitive programs for girls of all ages! The J.O. program is the original program designed by USA Gymnastics to develop potential Olympic-level athletes as well as NCAA student-athletes. The first 5 levels of J.O. gymnastics are compulsory (standardized) in order to challenge gymnasts to develop strength on all 4 competitive apparatus. Levels 6-Elite are optional levels (each routine is customized) to display each gymnasts’ strongest skills.
Our Junior Olympic program has a long history of producing Individual-event and All-Around Champions at the state, regional and national level as well as collegiate gymnasts. Our experienced and award-winning coaching staff work together to build confidence in individual gymnasts while learning how to WIN! Our team focuses not only on skill development but on the full picture of our athletes’ lives. In 2015, Metropolitan Gymnastics was named ‘s USAG’s Women’s Program of the Year for Region 2, and produced one of USAG’s Top 15 Athletes of the Year.
- Yulia Hancheroff: Owner, Optional Head Coach, Floor Specialist
- Guennadi Kommisarov: Owner, Optional Uneven Bars, and Vault Coach
- Cathy Sutherland: Optional Beam Coach, Level 2 Coach
- Nina McAllister: Compulsory Program Director, Level 3-5 Coach
- Frances Wiegand: Level 3 Coach
- Tami McKnight: Level 2/3 Coach
- MaryAnna Peterson: Level 3 Coach
- Ali Clark: Level 2 Coordinator: Level 1-2 Coach
- Bailey Powell: Level 2 Coach
- Developmental Pre-Team: Levels 1 and 2
- Compulsory: Levels 3, 4, and 5
- Optional: Levels 6-10
- Elite Development track
Metropolitan hosts 3 meets annually:
- Pumpkin Fest (October)
- Holiday Express (December)
- Bunny Hop Invitational (March)
We have also hosted Sectionals, WA State Championships, Region 2 Championships and Western Nationals. Members of our coaching staff and the team have served in key roles volunteering for the Pacific Rim Championships for the past 2 quadrennials.
Recruitable Athletes: Recruitable Athletes
Collegiate Athletes: Collegiate Athletes