As a USAG Member Club, Metropolitan Gymnastics is committed to following all guidelines and mandates regarding Safe Sport as stated by the US Center for Safe Sport and USA Gymnastics. It is our policy to:
- Ensure that ALL adult coaching staff and others who have a “direct relationship” with athletes are certified through the US Center for Safe Sport and have completed the USAG Safe Sport Policies Course.
- Encourage competitive athletes and Junior coaching staff who will turn 18 years old in the upcoming competitive season to complete Safe Sport training prior to the season so they will not have a lapse in competitive eligibility.
- Provide written information about Safe Sport in our Team and Recreational STAFF Handbooks to ensure that all staff have immediate access to the information.
- Provide written information about Safe Sport in our Team and Recreational PARENT Handbooks to ensure that all parents/guardians have immediate access to the information.
- Post information about the US Center for Safe Sport educational opportunities and appropriate reporting procedures in our lobbies and on our website.
- Make every reasonable effort to ensure that medical providers, photographers, and volunteers who have a “direct relationship” with athletes in our hosted competitions have passed a background check and have completed the appropriate Safe Sport training and certifications for their stated positions.
- Our staff, athletes, and their families are encouraged to discuss any questions related to Safe Sport with our USAG Safety Champion and/or to directly report to USA Gymnastics or the US Center for Safe Sport.
USAG offers extensive information about how, what, and to whom to report. Click the image below to learn more:
Click the image below to be directed to the US Center for Safe Sport